Tuesday, August 2, 2016

08/01/16 - FAMILAY!!!!!! HOWS GOES IT!??!

What's the haps fam?!??

Holy tow....this week Ben got baptized!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! It's been an amazing journey with him and it was so sweet to see him baptized!!! I'll send pics! Haha he never said this to us but he asked about serving a mission when the zone leaders were doing his interview, that he wants to serve a mission!! This guy's 24 years old! Haha, the Lord works in mysterious ways!! 

Welp, like I said we started over last week with a clean slate besides those moving forward, and we're moving towards Fetu and Chris!! Chris slipped up a little bit this week but he's back at church and his recruiter is helping him with the smoking as well!! haha You can't really smoke while you're in the marines I guess! And Fetu, the old man, he's back on the ball and we're going to finish his lessons on Tuesday so hopefully he'll be ready to get baptized next week!! He wants to get baptized, but didn't want to pick the date til after his lessons were done, so we'll see hopefully for next week!! We also found Eli, a newly wed with his wife, who's not a member, but his wife is and we're hoping to be able to catch them tomorrow!! We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and he loved it from what his wife told us how families can be together forever and how after we die, it's not the end!! They've been busy all week and couldn't make it to church so tomorrow we'll maua se kala from him! 

Welp, year mark last Friday. Haha, earlier in my mission I thought it would be this big day, have a big celebration, ice cream...haha the only thing out of the ordinary we did for my year mark was a burned a shirt when we got back to the house! I've been thinking as the first year of my mission finished, did I do enough to be able to help those people come unto Christ?? It's been a roller coaster of emotions, experiences, comps, investigators, members....but I wouldn't give it up for ANYTHING! I know I still have a LONG way to go spiritually, but I have learned more from the Lord, the Spirit, investigators, members, kids, that has forever changed my life! I've had experiences that have solidified Doctrine of Christ that I will NEVER forget! I've had comps that we've had ups, downs, lefts, rights, but at the end of the day, he's still my brother! He's still someone who's imperfect, JUST LIKE ME. The line "Patience is a Virtue" will be forever burned in my mind as a reminder of all those times I've needed to understand where others are coming from, from what they've gone through, what trials they may have had, what experiences they may have had...I've learned that I can't change the past, no matter how much I ponder on it, it will never change...but what is fully dependent on me is my decision of today and tomorrow. Because that's what eternity is build upon...what I choose todayTomorrowtoday will be my past. My future is fully dependent on today, and my future is eternity. "Choose ye THIS DAY, whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I've learned that God does not always come when we call him, but he will always come on time and to live near to God so that all things will appear small in comparison with eternal realities. I love this gospel and it's been a journey that will stay with me for eternity. Spiritually, I've been knocked down knocked down, trampled, screamed at for Christ....because he did the exact thing for me, and more. As a disciple of Christ, we live, breathe, think Christ. That's what missions are for. That's what our life after missions should be. Walking a thousand miles, begins with one step. Making it to eternity begins with our choices today.

Love Elder Larson

Ben's baptism!!

Miti, my soa, me, and  Clarence
Funny photo haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment