Monday, November 16, 2015

11/16/15 - Hey hey hey to the Fam, it's Monday Monday Monday!!!!! I LOVE YOUS ALL!!!

Hey hey hey to the Fam, it's Monday Monday Monday!!!!! I LOVE YOUS ALL!!!

So I just wanted to answer some of Mom's questions to begin!! No more dog bites this week, but a sly little group of war ants, found their way into my bed last night (I don't actually know what they're called, but when they bite, they leave like a little poison thing so it itches and burns kind of like a fire ant)! I'll be ok without a dog whistle, Elder Lamoreaux and I just make it a game now! If you stand still and don't back down, they usually won't get any closer but there are still some who are out for blood. The whole picking up rocks thing doesn't really work with certain dogs so it's always a little on the sketchy side when they come snarling up to you, but so far so good! My comps doing great!! We're both a little stressed this week because there have just been a lot of random meetings and song practices for a Christmas program we're putting on, so that's been that! We didn't get to meet with Taua or Ma'i this week, right now we're on an exchange with Elder Bybee because Elder Reid got put in Manu'a for a week with an AP, because they're opening up some new islands for the work to get sparked back up again! So we're covering about a 1/4 of the island now as we also have the Leone 1st and 2nd wards to visit, but we're making it work!! OH! And some celebrate Thanksgiving here, but we''re just doing a Thanksgiving dinner as an island with the other missionaries so we'll see what we get!! 

This week!!
We met with Rosa, one of Elder Bybee and Reid's investigators, and we taught her the first lesson, and I invited her to be baptized in Samoan, and she accepted! It kind of freaked me out though because she had nodded and I was still trying to finish the question, but it all worked out!! It's way cool to see these people accept to make these covenants with our Heavenly Father and take that step through the doorway!! Now it's just up to them to continue on the straight and narrow path towards Him!!! We also met with another family, Aiga Masoe, who the dad is the only non member, and the wife and 3 kids are all baptized, he just hasn't been ready to accept the lessons because he feels inadequate because he still has a problem with the Word of Wisdom. The entire time as we taught him O le Togiola o Iesu Keriso, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all I could think about was that through this atonement, that is when he will feel adequate! I think that's one thing not being a convert, I have taken for granted, which I strive never to do again! Like I said in my farewell talk, not repenting and moving closer to the Savior through Him, is like going to an all you can eat place and ordering ramen!! The Savior's love for us, we can't even imagine, and I loved a picture I got from Bryan and Jessica this week of the Savior hugging a guy, that from the back looked a lot like me, and the smile on the Savior's face is just beaming and on the back, it just has a little phrase, I don't remember exactly, but it's called "Home"! 
"Picture the day we will see the Savior again. What will it be like? Think of the embrace that He will take you in and the love that you have never felt before. As you both laugh, smile, and cry together, He turns to you and says, "Well done faithful servant. You have ruled over a few things, and because of your faith, I will make you a ruler of many things." That's not exactly but it's close! The dad at the end of the lesson accepted the invitation to take lessons which was amazing and we just faamasani (got to know) with the family and that is how I hope to feel once my Samoan is up to par to joke around with the people! That's when they open they're hearts to you and the Spirit is able to do his work by testifying of our message, and everything goes so amazingly it's incredible!!! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!! 

Haha so actually Elder Lamo has cut my hair the past couple times and done a really good job (not like your haircuts though Mom, no one comes close!) I emailed Tal, Grandmama and Buddy, and I sent a letter to Grammy a while ago, did she happen to get it?? If not, whats her email?? And thank you so much from the insights from Tad Callister and MOM!!! That's one thing that I'm trying to work on as a missionary to be really good at teaching is the atonement, because in my patriarchal blessing, it states that I will have the opportunity to be a testifier of the Savior and be anxious to testify of Him!! My Samoan isn't quite to full swing, but it's only been 3 months, so I'm learning patience as well!! 

I got sick a little bit cause it monsooned on Saturday and we tala'i (preached) in flips and rolled up our pants and we were soaking wet head to toe! But it was so much fun! 
 
Haha this week too I also just sat down one night, and just missed You bros like crazy!!! Know that I miss you guys immensely!

I loves YOUS ALL and hope all goes well this week!!
ALofa atu outou!!
Elder Larson
 
He loves the sunsets in Samoa.
 
On the beach the day a monsoon hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment